YES
63%
NO
38%

Total votes: 16

Big M Bob

Re: VOTE Cap for this year

Post by Big M Bob » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:39 pm

If the decision was mine Dale we wouldn't have changed anything from what I posted but some people sure seemed to have strong opinions that it should be changed so we looked for a compromise that made sense.

Those accusing Serge are actually off base. He never once lobbied to change anything he was just looking for clarification on who could be put on reserve and didn't agree with my first thoughts.

The bottom line is you can't please everybody.

Cheapthief

Re: VOTE Cap for this year

Post by Cheapthief » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:39 am

Zach6668 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:03 pm
everybody in this league should be entitled to their opinions on potential rule chances - doing that in public encourages more discussion and hopefully in the end, a consensus forward.
I agree we should all get a vote and we actually do. It is a democratic process where the majority rules.

Zach, I really do like you. You make me laugh, and I appreciate how much you love hockey and especially this pool, but damn sometimes you come on way too fucking strong bro hahaha. Not everyone is the pool is as confident as you. A big part of the reason some do not share their thoughts publicly is partly because they don't want to argue with you and some other strong voices in the league.

I should also note that if it were solely up to me I agree with you 100% that we should just use the 5 man reserve bench as normal. No qualifications necessary. However, Bob devotes a lot of UNPAID time to running this pool and if he thinks its too much work for him to track all the back and forths, and the software isn't set up to make that easy, then let's just let it go. This isn't going to have any significant effect on the outcome of the league.

Again... I agree with you on this issue completely... but its just not that big a deal either way, so lets do whatever is easiest on cancer face Bob.