Instructions On How To Post Your Signed Roster

Big M Bob

Instructions On How To Post Your Signed Roster

Post by Big M Bob » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:22 pm

The deadline for posting your roster is 11:59 PM Toronto Time on Friday Sept 20th. Trades are allowed up until this time but there is a trade freeze from after that until after the Free Agent Auction at the Draft. You can edit and change your roster up until the deadline if you post it early.

These are the things that you need to post when signing your roster. Part of the reason for this is so that I can double check if my numbers and yours don't match.

Available Money

Money Spent on signing your roster.

How many players you have signed

The players who you have already signed and their 2019-20 contract amounts

The Free Agents you are signing and whether it is for 1, 2 or 3 seasons and the contract amounts

Any players who you are putting on the exempt list and the reason that they are eligible for the exempt list

A list of the players who you are dropping. This is required and not an option.

Big M Bob

Re: Instructions On How To Post Your Signed Roster

Post by Big M Bob » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:34 pm

A note on Aho players who are being signed.

The contract amounts for 2019-20 that I have prepared are assuming a player is being signed normally and not as an Aho Rule player. It is up to you to know if your player is eligible to be signed under the Aho Rule and to make that clear when you post your roster. Feel free to ask if a player is eligible.

If a player had played in 25 or less regular season NHL games before the 2018-19 NHL season and they ended the season on your active roster with no ability to be sent back to the farm you have the option to sign that player to a no increase contract of either 1 or 2 years or you can sign them to their regular contract as I have calculated.

Some exampes.

Player A was a 1st round AHL draft pick and had a contract amount of $3.00 for 2018-19 which was his rookie NHL season. He finished in the 2nd group and his regluar contract options would be $4.25, $5.25 and $6.00. His Aho Rule contract would be $3.00 for the next 2 seasons instead.

Player B was a pick up during the season and has a contract of $0.25 and he played in less than 10 AHL games so his regular contract option would be signing him for $0.50 for only the 18-19 season. Hi Aho Rule contract would be either $0.25 for one season or $0.25 for two seasons.

Player C was a 3rd round AHL pick and his contract was for $1.00 for last season. He finished in the 4th group and can be signed normally for $1.25 for each of the next three seasons. His Aho Rule contract would be $1.00 but only for the next two seasons so under this scenario you might decide to sign them for their regular contract over three seasons.

Big M Bob

Post by Big M Bob » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:05 pm

Please note that the deadline for submitting your roster is the Friday night this year.

11:59 PM Toronto Time on Friday Sept 20th.

Big M Bob

Post by Big M Bob » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:51 pm

something I forgot in the instructions for submitting your signed roster. Please include the details on any players you are buying out as well.